[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 issues?

Freeman, Peter (ERHS) Freeman.Peter at saugov.sa.gov.au
Thu Apr 17 00:27:50 GMT 2003

>>Samba 2.2.5 had a couple of interesting issues, particularly
>with Win2k
>>clients, try upgrading to the latest (2.2.8a) before doing attributing
>>any blame to Samba.
>
>I'd like to know the interesting issues. We haven't upgraded
>from 2.2.5 to
>2.2.8a because we see a performance drop, instead; we back port the bug
>fixes  - open source is great!

We had a lot of problems with Win2k clients browsing domain groups after
upgrading to 2.2.5, we went back to 2.2.3a until 2.2.6 came out, fixing the
problem.  (I just had a quick look for the changelog but can't find it...)

The other hassle we had, also avoided by the rollback and subsequent upgrade
to 2.2.6 was with database sharing, the usual MS Access oplock crud, which
depending
on the day of the week and the weather can happen with most Samba releases.
For
us, it was 2.2.5 that gave us the most trouble.