[Samba] Files Show in Windows but not on the Red Hat server

David Nickel dnickel at aug.edu
Wed Apr 16 14:41:07 GMT 2003

*I just recently migrated our web server to Red Hat 8.0 running Samba 2.2.7
from FreeBSD 4.2 running Samba 2.2.3a.

In windows, a user copy or moves files to there home directory on the server
running samba. The file seems to copy or move fine (It is visible when
accessing the share from explorer), but if I telnet to the server the file
is not in the user's home directory. I have tailed the samba and messages
log and there are no errors during the transfer. They can close out their
explorer window and reconnect to there share and the file is still visible.
Any information would be much appreciated.
Thanks
David