[Samba] No results found

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Apr 16 13:58:22 GMT 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Ron Bramblett wrote:

> I was under the impression that this is a good list. But maybe that
> isn't the case. I have asked multiple questions and have done tons of
> research before hand and tried to be as specific as possible.

We all form our own opinion as to how valuable this list is. Your comment
here is provocative as it implies that someone on this list has a
responsibility to answer you. I wish to assure you that everyone on this
list is totally free to either answer or not. If anyone answers you then
that is a privilidge - NOT a responsibility. You do not earn a privilidge,
but if you have done your homework the likelihood that someone will answer
is much higher than if it is apparent that no personal effort has preceded
the request for help.

> So far I haven't received any answers.

That happens. I am sure we can all feel your pain with you, but this does
NOT change anything for you. There may be other ways to encourage someone
to answer you rather than telling us all that we are negligent of your
needs!

> All I wanted was information on getting a NT server to accecpt
> connections from UNIX.

There are many ways of solving this problem. The information given is not
sufficient to respond.

> The documentation is to clumsy and very hard to read. The book isn't
> better.

It is clear that our documentation stinks and is totally inadequate for
some users. What are you willing to do to help improve it?

I am not sure which book you are criticising!

Please email me directly with clear explanation of what you are trying to
achieve. I will make sure that the information you require will be
included in the Samba-HOWTO-Collection before Samba-3 is released. In the
meantime I will help you to understand what the possibilities are.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org