[Samba] smbgroupedit & ldapsam backend with samba 3.0a23

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Wed Apr 16 13:30:31 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 08:46, Christoph Scholz wrote:
> Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 08:17, Christoph Scholz wrote:
> >
> >>Yes. But the import script unfortunately does not seem to work:
> >>

> > not enough detail...
> > did you restart slapd after updating samba.schema?
>
> Actually I did not upgrade from a previous alpha version (i.e a22) but
> started from scratch with samba 3.0 a23. So I have never used another
> samba.schema than the one provided by samba 3.0 a23:

> [root at tokyo root]# diff samba-3.0alpha23/examples/LDAP/samba.schema
> /etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema
> [root at tokyo root]#
>
> Do I need to edit the "samba.schema" file in some way in order to enable
> group mapping?
no - but maybe you need to initialize the database with users...

> Which additional details do you need?
to figure this out I would look at the contents of the ldap db.
to be sure that the groups are part of sambaGroupMapping

i would add a new posix group and try to modify it with smbgroupedit

I'm sorry I can't be of more help - this just worked for me.

note: the default groups do not exist in ldap - just user defined groups
and those have to already be in ldap as posix groups...

best wishes

brad

--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>