[Samba] smbgroupedit & ldapsam backend with samba 3.0a23

Christoph Scholz scholz at cs.uni-bonn.de
Wed Apr 16 12:46:56 GMT 2003

Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 08:17, Christoph Scholz wrote:
>
>>Yes. But the import script unfortunately does not seem to work:
>>

> not enough detail...
> did you restart slapd after updating samba.schema?

Actually I did not upgrade from a previous alpha version (i.e a22) but
started from scratch with samba 3.0 a23. So I have never used another
samba.schema than the one provided by samba 3.0 a23:

[root at tokyo root]# diff samba-3.0alpha23/examples/LDAP/samba.schema
/etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema
[root at tokyo root]#

Do I need to edit the "samba.schema" file in some way in order to enable
group mapping?

These are the schemas that are included in slapd.conf:

include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/rfc822-MailMember.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/autofs.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/kerberosobject.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema

Could it be a problem with the ldap ACLs?

access to *
        by self                         write
        by *                            read

Which additional details do you need?

Christoph

--
Christoph Scholz
University of Bonn, Institut of Computer Science IV
mailto:scholz at cs.uni-bonn.de
http://web.informatik.uni-bonn.de/IV/Mitarbeiter/scholz/