[Samba] nmbd woes (still)

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Apr 16 12:01:27 GMT 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Matthew Western wrote:

> >  I wish nmbd was
> >more thoroughly
> >documented.  The manpage offers no help.
>
> me too.  i believe that version 3 of samba has replication between servers
> as one of the new features, lets hope that it has a decent stack of docs as
> a new 'feature'.  :)

As the samba-team person who is working on updating our documentation I'd
appreciate a little more information that helps me to understand exactly
what you believe you would like to see.

Should I understand that you have checked the latest
Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf file that is in the current SAMBA_3_0 CVS tree
branch?

Your feedback on this document while I am updating it is much more
helpful than criticism after samba-3.0.0 ships. If you can see opportunity
for improvement then I need that information now. Better still, give me
documentation updates for review for inclusion - we welcome any
information that you believe may help answer someone else's questions.
After all, samba is a community effort.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra