[Samba] Re: net use H: /home does not work

Shawn Wright swright at sls.bc.ca
Tue Apr 15 23:09:08 GMT 2003

Hold on a sec. I just re-read your original posts, and it's not clear on the
client side. Are they win2k domain users mapping to samba home
shares? If so, the PDC needs to know the home share path also. When
we migrated 400 of our users from NT to samba home drives, we ran a
script to update the PDC to point at the new home share location. This is
where a windows domain member will look for its home share location.
Do a net user <username> /domain to see the location that it's trying to
map the drive to.
But perhaps I've misread your description...