[Samba] Re: net use H: /home does not work

Jerry Lynde jlynde at diligence.com
Tue Apr 15 22:57:39 GMT 2003

Our setup here has the following in smb.conf...

[homes]
         comment = Home Directories
         username = %S
         writeable = Yes
         create mask = 0744
         force create mode = 0775
         directory mask = 0750
         browseable = No

Slightly different from what you have. The command we use to connect to the
shares is 'net use H: //$hostname/$username' where $hostname = the *NIX
machine with samba running and $username is the *NIX username. Works like a
charm. You may want to try something similar.

Jer