[Samba] ACL group permissions only work on primary group (RickSegeberg)

Rick Segeberg rick.segeberg at waterford.org
Tue Apr 15 17:06:32 GMT 2003

I appreciate your response and I tried your solution.  However, it does not seem to help.

I am using MS Active Directory on a Windows 2000 server for the authentication and rights for the users.  I realize AD is based on LDAP, but it's been changed to suit Microsoft's needs - meaning it's not "pure ldap".

Based on what you said, I made sure to create a user and a few groups which had no spaces or capital letters in the names.  The user is still only able to access directories in which he is a primary user.  I do not know of a way (although I'm sure one exists) to directly edit the "memberUid=" field in AD - but if I created the user using an all lower case name, then it should be all lower-case.

Thanks again - if you have any other ideas, I'd be happy to hear them.

Rick Segeberg
Provo Site Manager, IT Department
The Waterford Institute
rick.segeberg at waterford.org