[Samba] Windows XP Pro offline file synchronization & Samba problem

Edin jsamba at edinsworld.com
Mon Apr 14 22:10:47 GMT 2003

I am having problems when trying to synchronize offline files on my laptop
(Win XP Pro) with a samba server (Redhat 9, Samba 2.2.7a-8.9.0). I have no
problems with connecting to the samba share and I can specify what
files/folders to make available offline on the laptop. When I am not
connected to the network I see/can access the files that are supposed to be
available offline. The problem is when I make some changes to a offline file,
it doesn't synchronize with the Samba server one I reconnect to the server. I
use user authentication on the Samba server and have the same user/password
on both the server & laptop.
I tried 775 permission mod on all the shared files/folders and I tried 777
permission mod. Neither one worked.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edin