[Samba] Server is not accessible

jda jdaues at nmsu.edu
Mon Apr 14 21:17:54 GMT 2003

Recently Installed RH 8.0 and Samba 2.2.8a

In the unofficial SAMBA Howto, I am running the tests.
In section 4.4 Troubleshooting the server, it fails at test #7 Ability
to log in.
When I enter the server command, I get this error:
  Domain=[MySambaServer] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.8a]
  tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

On the client side (Win2k), from the Network Neighborhood, the RH
machine can be seen, but cannot be accessed:
  \\MySambaServer is not accessible
  The network path was not found

The Win2k machine has user/passwrd of joeblow/secretword and the Linux
machine has the same.

My guess is that the smbuser file needs a line added to it,
something to do with joeblow, but not sure what:
# Unix_name = SMB_name1 SMB_name2 ...
root = administrator admin
nobody = guest pcguest smbguest
joeblow = ????