[Samba] Upgrade from Samba 1.9.18p4 to 2.2.8a

Pete Geenhuizen pgeenhuizen at pobox.homeunix.net
Mon Apr 14 21:36:53 GMT 2003

I need to upgrade from this ancient version of Samba running on Solaris
2.6 to the latest and greatest, but I've run into a snag that I don't know
how to over come, or that it is even possible in the current version, so
I'm hoping that there is a workable solution.

In the current configuration all the samba shares are accessible without a
password, and as a matter of fact there isn't even an smbpassword file.
Any and all files that are created are owned by one user.

If the new version doesn't support this configuration it will mean that
they will have to go back to the drawing board and re-think how Samba is
used.

I suspect that this current configuration is an even bigger security risk
that the exploits that the current version fixes.

Any takers for this one?

Any and all suggestions are extremely welcome.

Thx
Pete

--
"Unencumbered by the thought process"
--1992-2000 Click and Clack presidential campaign slogan

Random Thought: