[Samba] Re: samba not working

Stephen Kuhn stephen.kuhn at gmx.net
Mon Apr 14 09:33:14 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 17:20, Adam Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 09:54:25PM -0600, Bruce Faulkner said:
> >
> > Failed to open byte range locking database
> > ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
> > Can't initialise locking module - exiting
> >
> > It spells initialize with an s.
> >
> > I've passed that by a couple people and they didn't give me any ideas.
>
> Haven't you ever heard of UK or Australian English?
>
> God knows we have to read enough of your Americanisms down here!
>
> --
> Adam Smith
> Information Technology Officer
> SAGE Automation Ltd.

90% of the English speaking world base their vocabulary and spelling on
UK English - I'm an ex-yank and have learnt the error of  my ways - so
I've become civilised and have learnt compromise, so I don't criticise
any further! (grin)

--
Mon Apr 14 19:30:01 EST 2003
 19:30:01 up 24 days,  7:10,  3 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.10, 0.13
|            __    __          | kuhn media australia            |
|           / ,, /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com           |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |=================================|
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kuhn                    |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: skuhn at telpacific.com.au |
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: stephen.kuhn at gmx.net    |
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808                 |
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |                                 |
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389            |
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU   |
 linux user:267497 * MDK 9.1 * PC/Mac/Linux/Networking/Consulting
 machine no:194239 * RH 7.3 * Sales - Service - Support - Tutor
** This messages was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer **

"They know your name, address, telephone number, credit card numbers, who ELSE
is driving the car "for insurance", ...  your driver's license number. In the
state of Massachusetts, this is the same number as that used for Social
Security, unless you object to such use. In THAT case, you are ASSIGNED a
number and you reside forever more on the list of "weird people who don't give
out their Social Security Number in Massachusetts."
-- Arthur Miller