[Samba] Re: samba not working

Bruce Faulkner bruce at faulkner.ws
Mon Apr 14 03:54:25 GMT 2003

I forgot something in that last email.

When I run smbstatus I get:
Service              uid               gid               pid
machine

Failed to open byte range locking database
ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
Can't initialise locking module - exiting

It spells initialize with an s.

I've passed that by a couple people and they didn't give me any ideas.

Bruce Faulkner