[Samba] Difficulty with Samba 2.2.8 and native CUPS PS driver s

Brian Wiese bwiese at hms4emc.com
Sat Apr 12 18:17:07 GMT 2003

|-----Original Message-----

So how specifically did you remedy this?  In cupsd.conf something like:

<Location>
Order Allow,Deny
Allow 127.0.0.1
Allow 192.168.2.*
Allow myhost
Deny From All
</Location>

If the localhost hostname == "myhost"?  I see "myhost" as source and
destination in ethereal loopback traffic, but it looks like it still
resolves to IP traffic to 127.0.0.1

I'd like to at least get here ... \/

|Then after this trouble was found I still was unable to download some
|drivers to windows. The client continued to say that the server doesn't
|have proper drivers for download and offered to install one locally. I
|tested another while without any success before I simply dropped the
|CUPS-PS driver files from CUPS subdirectory, so on next call cupsaddsmb
|would use the Adobe PS drivers instead to be installed into share
|print$. Afterward everything was fine and I could go to bed after some
|terrible hours of analysing ...
|

|Maybe this helps in your case, too.

Perhaps, I hope so!?

|Regards