[Samba] Roaming Profiles for Domain USERS not saved with XP Client.

Robert Dowding rdowding at navtechinc.com
Thu Apr 10 18:21:18 GMT 2003

Okay, I don't have much hair left and I am ready to pull it out.    I am
running samba 2.2.7a as a PDC for Windows XP clients.  Everything works fine
for DOMAIN users who are in the administrators group on the XP workstation.
My problem is if users are in the Power Users or Users group on the XP
client, then when the log out changes to their profiles are not saved back
to the server.

I know they have permissions to write to the [profile] share (I have mounted
the profile share on the workstations and tried to write to it...no
problem).  I have also tried the profile acls = yes in the profile share,
but still no luck.  And yes I have set the XP group policies to not check
for ownership of Roaming profile.

I would appreciate any insight anyone can provide on this.

Many Thanks...Rob

# Samba config file created using SWAT

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = NAVTECH
        netbios name = HSNAVLGWMSS
        server string = [78] - LGW  File Server
        security = user
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        log level = 10
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        load printers = No
        domain admin group = @winadm
        domain guest group = @winusr
        admin users = root
        logon script = logon.bat
        logon home = \\%L\%U\
        logon drive = H:
        logon path = \\%L\%U\profile
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 99
        preferred master = True
        domain master = True
        local master = True
        wins support = Yes
        host msdfs = Yes
        invalid users = bin daemon adm sync shutdown cron halt mail news
                 uucp operator gopher lp ftp named pvm piranah mysql

[profile]
        profile acls = yes
        force create mode = 0660
        csc policy = disable