[Samba] Has anyone been successful in getting samba 2.2.8 to work on AIX 5.2

Oliver Dixon ODixon at indigo.ca
Thu Apr 10 13:00:16 GMT 2003

Hi All,

Has anyone been successful in getting samba 2.2.8 to work on AIX 5.2.

I followed IBM Red Book doc for the installation and for starters the
install program did not create the required files and directories like
/usr/local/samba etc. I was able to workaround by creating links as required
from the error messages that were produced when testing as per Red Book
instructions.

At the AIX level I am not seeing the smbd or nmbd daemons running.. I've
tried starting them manually and also from inetd.conf etc. I am still not
able to share files from AIX server to W2K.

Any help/tips to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Best Rgds,
Oliver