[Samba] ACLs and ACL_GROUP_OBJ

Jan Houstek houstek at karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Apr 10 12:15:03 GMT 2003

I have really strange problem. I create a subdirectory in s directory
with ALCs and default ACLs. The new subdirectory geins rwx permitions for
ACL_GROUP_OBJ (Full Access for CREATOR GROUP in NT security dialog box).

Any combination of parameters like (force) create mask, security mask etc.
doesn't help as well as inherit acls or inherit permitions. I tried
versions 2.2.7b, 2.2.8 and 2.2.8a with similar results.

The strange thing is, that when I installed new testing server from
scratch and compiled samba 2.2.8a on it, it worked RIGHT ... Both servers
are running Debian Woody, 2.4.20 linux kernel with XFS 1.2 filesystem and
the same versions of acl utilities and libraries.

So probably it's not problem in samba, but I have no idea, where the
problem can be.

-- Honza Houstek