[Samba] ACL: some maybe stupid questions

Markus Amersdorfer markus.amersdorfer at aon.at
Wed Apr 9 05:53:26 GMT 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:32:07 +0100 (GMT-1)
Damir Dezeljin <programing at mbss.org> wrote:

> I want to use ACL on my RH-9.0 box (x86), so I got ext3 ACL patch from
> http://acl.bestbits.at/ and tried to apply it to the kernel that ships
> with RH (2.4.20-8). The patching fails on some vm file

Red Hat, as many other vendors, does not use a vanilla-kernel but merge
some many patches for release...

http://acl.bestbits.at/faq.html

> How you backup such shares (I don't want to use star ... is there any
> tree-walk script that colects all ACLs and add them to the database
> for later use or do I have to implement such a script?).

http://acl.bestbits.at/using.html

So long,
Max

--
The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.
                       <Cpt. Picard, "The Drumhead", StarTrek TNG>

http://homex.subnet.at/~max/