[Samba] Printing multiple copies

af4532 at comcast.net af4532 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 9 01:56:47 GMT 2003

Hello! I'm having a problem with my SAMBA setup in that it cannot print
multiple copies from any clients. I think I could solve this if there is
anyway to specify a variable on the "print command =" line that
corresponds to the number of copies. That way I could just use "print
command = lpr -r -P'%p' -#%n %s" (where %n is the number of copies.
Anyone know if this is possible? I'm using CUPS 1.1.18 on Debian with
SAMBA 2.2.3a-12.1. The relevant lines of my smb.conf are:

[global]
	printing = cups
	print command = lpr -r -P'%p' %s
	lpq command = lpq -P'%p'
	lprm command = lprm -P'%p' %j
	lppause command = lp -i '%p-%j' -H hold
	lpresume command = lp -i '%p-%j' -H resume
	queuepause command = /usr/bin/./disable '%p'
	queueresume command = /usr/bin/./enable '%p'
[Epson]
	path = /tmp
	printable = Yes
	printer driver file =