[Samba] Printing PDF very slow

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Apr 8 19:07:28 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 14:58, David Brodbeck wrote:
> [...]
they're created as the user on 2k and XP - not sure about NT
but there is a "run as user" check box in the redmon port configuration.

> I haven't had much of a problem with excessive CPU load, but that may be
> because our office is small and not very many people make PDFs on any given
> day.
i only mention it because the source of the delay may be a synchronous
processing of your job by the samba server - ie not sending a reply
until the job is finished. Did you understand the part of my previous
message about backgrounding the print command?  Maybe you can just
append an  & sign, but you might have to write  a custom script to exit
with some expected errorlevel.

this is only speculation - i'm not sure how this works internally.

brad

--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>