[Samba] Printing PDF very slow

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Tue Apr 8 18:58:45 GMT 2003

This is great if your users have administrative privilages on their
desktops, or if you aren't running Windows NT.  Otherwise it doesn't work
very well because the files come out owned by the user the print spooler
runs as, which under NT means Administrator.  Ordinary users are unable to
move or delete them.  (Windows 2000 may have the same problem.)

I haven't had much of a problem with excessive CPU load, but that may be
because our office is small and not very many people make PDFs on any given
day.