[Samba] Ldap & Samba

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Apr 8 18:30:55 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 04:26, Milos Webmail wrote:
> Do i need to have machine name in my passwd file ??? why can I store it
> in LDAP server ???? is there any way i can do that or do
> i have to create it in passwd file.
well you can use nss_ldap if you want to store everything in the ldap
db...
another option in samba3 is ldapsam_nua (non unix account)
in which machine accounts can be stored in ldap without having a unix
account.
in samba2 the machine account must exist in both the samba password
backend (ldap in your case) and the unix password database (sounds like
/etc/passwd in your case).

> add user script = "/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u ; sleep 5"

the idealx tools expect you to be using nss_ldap i think...
so you may have to write your own script to add the machine account to
both the ldap store and the unix password db.

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>