[Samba] Ldap & Samba

Milos Webmail milos at webmail.psih-klinika.si
Tue Apr 8 08:26:14 GMT 2003

Hi

I don't know if this is a common problem but here it is.

I'm using RedHat 2.1AS with samba 2.2.7 and openldap. I want to build my
samba server as PDC with Ldap
auth. So i recompiled samba -with-ldapsam.

It all works very fine, but there is a problem with winxp pcs (i have
installed WinXP_SignOrSeal.reg)
winxp wants to add machine name, but there is this problem that i'm
getting in my log file:
[2003/04/08 09:38:46, 0]
rpc_server/srv_samr_nt.c:_api_samr_create_user(1929)

  User milos-test$ does not exist in system password file (usually
/etc/passwd). Cannot add account without a valid local system user.

Do i need to have machine name in my passwd file ??? why can I store it
in LDAP server ???? is there any way i can do that or do
i have to create it in passwd file.

This is the line i'm trying to use but it won't work

add user script = "/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u ; sleep 5"

If i use this like that adds user to passwd all work fine:

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g users -s /bin/false
-M %u

Regards, Milos