[Samba] Help with critical error

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Apr 8 18:15:38 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 10:23, Brent Torrenga wrote:
> So...
>
> I upgraded via RPMs (actually, I uninstalled 2.2.7, and then installed 2.2.8
> because of the dependencies... Is there a better method to upgrading?) this
> past weekend.
make sure you're using 2.2.8a - it includes an important security fix
(different from the one in 2.2.8)

> I rebooted, which took 3(???????) tries before LILO took charge. This is
> especially worrisome. Why would it not boot straight away? Is the above
> error possibly due to failing hardware?
this part certainly has nothing to do with samba...

like you - i suspect flaky hardware.

linux should never panic even it you've run out of memory - you should
just get an out of memory error.

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>