[Samba] Samba and ldap groups

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Apr 8 18:12:43 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 11:50, Uwe Laverenz wrote:
> Maarten Buiter schrieb:
>
> > This might have something to do with your Access Control Lists for your
> > LDAP directory. Most likely you have installed your LDAP directory so
> > that only root can query it.
>
> Nope, I have the same problem here with 3.0alpha23. It worked with the
> same LDAP-dir in previous tests with 3.0alpha21. The new samba.schema
> with GroupMapping is installed, of course.
did you run the required command to import your groups to the ldap db?

pdbedit -i tdbsam -e ldapsam -g

I found group mapping to work without a problem in my limited test.

> I intended to use 3.0 in a production environment, but I think it's not
> ready yet.
i'm using a22 in production now - there are some problems with printing
that I did not have with a21.  I found a23 and head from yesterday to be
unusable due to serious printing problems.

It is possible to use the samba.schema from a23 with a22
 - no problems after 1 day of use.

brad

--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>