[Samba] Printer form settings

Mike Brodbelt m.brodbelt at acu.ac.uk
Tue Apr 8 15:18:34 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm having problems with Samba printing. Setup is:-

Samba 2.2.8a
Debian Woody
LPRng printing
HP Laserjet 4 plus printer
Windows NT 4 clients

Printing is set up using a print$ share and spoolss, with the driver on
the server.

All users connected to this printer have their machines set to UK
regional settings, and the document defaults and printer properties in
the printer driver setup are all set to A4 paper. The printer itself is
configured for A4. Whenever any print job is sent to it, it puts itself
offline, and comes up with "PC LOAD LETTER" on the LED display.

Are there any known bugs which might cause this? I've checked every
stage of the config I can think of, and there is nothing that I can find
that is set to letter, but for some reason every job seems to arrive at
the printer formatted with letter, even the NT printer test page.

Any ideas appreciated, before I take a heavy object to it :-).

Mike.