[Samba] security = domain and NetBIOS aliases

Barry, Christopher cbarry at infiniconsys.com
Mon Apr 7 18:03:00 GMT 2003

Will the "*" do some type of broadcast each time it looks for a dc? Or does this occur once and is cached? I have setup a test machine and it does security = domain, and I set the password server as below:

password server = 192.168.0.20 192.168.0.25

each ip is for a dc, and this seems to work fine. Is the advantage of "*" that it will auto-detect additional dcs if/as they come on-line?

Regards,

--
Christopher Barry
Manager of Information Systems