[Samba] host machine doesn't show up in browse list

list_mail list_mail at softhome.net
Sun Apr 6 11:44:05 GMT 2003

What is the minimum smb.conf configuration options required to make the host show up in the windows 2000 network neighbourhood browse list?

Currently I've only set `workgroup', `netbios name', `server string'.  What else needs to be there?

My apologies if this has been asked before, I did scan the mailing lists before I posted but most of the postings referred to multiple subnet issues which this is not.

Rob