[Samba] %a reports a Windows XP client as having a "Win2K" architecture.

Geoff Stitt grstitt at somanetworks.com
Fri Apr 4 16:53:37 GMT 2003

One of the variables available in Samba is "%a", which, as you know is
the architecture of the remote machine.  I tested using this variable
with a Windows 2000 and Windows XP client. Unfortunately, the log file
reports the Windows XP client is seen as having an architecture of
"Win2K" instead of something like "WinXP". The Windows 2000 box shows up
fine as "Win2K".

The reason I am using the %a variable is so roaming profiles can have
different paths for different architectures.

Thank you,

Geoff Stitt