[Samba] Configure 2.2.8

Adam Cormany acormany at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 01:40:25 GMT 2003

I'm currently running Samba 2.2.6 and wanted to update
to Samba 2.2.8. I'm running Redhat 7.3. When I cd to
my <sambadir>/source directory and run ./configure.
Everything goes well until it reaches the point of:
checking for readline/history.h... yes
checking for readline.h... (cached) no
checking for readline/readline.h... (cached) yes
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no

After this section of the configure, everything that
it checks for returns no and then fails. Is there
something different after 2.2.6 Samba that I'm
overlooking during a configure now?

Thanks in advance,
Adam