[Samba] Syslog files/messages at command line

Bob Perry rperry4 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 3 18:19:09 GMT 2003

I just installed Samba 2.2.8 on my FreeBSD 4.7 RELEASE system and I find
syslog files, or messages repeatedly appearing at the command line.  When I
installed Samba (FreeBSD ports) I inadvertently configured it sith syslog.
Later I adjusted the /etc/syslog.conf file to add daemon.*
/var/log/daemon.log.  The messages do not appear while using X Window.
I haven't finished reading all of the documentation yet but would appreciate
any advice to resolve this problem.

Thanks,
Bob