[Samba] Re: Samba 3.0 won't join Samba-TNG domain

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Apr 2 23:23:41 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 23:38, Uli Luckas wrote:
> Hi,
> I posted this problem before in more detail
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=104756899022766&w=2)  but received
> no response.
>
> At the current state of Smaba 3.0 and Samba-TNG these two seem to be
> incomaptible. Samba 3.0 can't join a TNG controlled domain.
>
> I think this should affect a lot of installations as TNG as a controller and
> "stable" as file/printserver seem to be a common setup.
>
> Now I know, neither 3.0 nor TNG are stable but I would like to see the
> problem at least recognized so I can keep on hoping I will be able to update
> my fileservers to 3.0 one day :)
>
> Please give some kind of notice to this problem. It's ok if you just tell me
> I am too stupid and it works at other places.

As it joins a 3.0 and HEAD, NT4, Wink2k and Win2k3 domain correctly,
this really could be classed as a TNG bug (assuming it's a real bug, not
a misconfiguration).

However, if it is real, and somebody at Samba-TNG wants to propose a
patch that makes us (Samba 3.0) detect this situation properly, it might
get considered.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org