[Samba] samba works on 2000, but not Win98/ME after relocation

Chen, Douglas Douglas.Chen at Micrel.Com
Tue Apr 1 23:14:10 GMT 2003

Hi,

We have recently relocated to the headquarters, and of course now in a different
window domain. Everyone got a new account and a password for their PC which
is different from the Unix account. Now, when I tried to access my Unix
account from my PC running Win98, I got "incorrect password" even though I have
turn on "EnablePlainTextPassword". But, it works OK if my tried it from a
Win2000 machine. Any idea how I can fix this problem? Thank you for your help.

Douglas