[Samba] What's the best method - probably simple

Greg Miller gmiller at eccbm.com
Tue Apr 1 03:29:11 GMT 2003

I can attest to that.  Restarting samba will terminate all connections
to the server and they will reconnect BUT you will lose data on any
files that are open.  I found that out the hard way when I thought
everybody was off the server and restarted samba.  The files were a
total loss meaning they had to restart from scratch.  Luckily it wasn't
anything important like a database.