[Samba] Win2K Server and Samba Server

Jayson web at saiforce.com
Thu Sep 26 04:30:01 GMT 2002

I have a Win2K server with ADS. I am in the process of setting up a Firewall
on RH7.3. We need to be able to connect to the win2k network from remote
sites, some are home users and some are computers we have located in other
companies. I'm able to get a VPN connection between Redhat and a windows PC
using poptop pptp software.

What I was wondering iswould i be able to install samba on the firewall and
make it part of the win2k network. So that when our users VPN into the
firewall box they will have access to the win2k shares etc.. And all i have
to worry about it entering the users/passwords on the win2k server. The vpn
users would have to be able to browse win2k network, connect to shares on
the win2k server and print to both remote and local printers..

Is this something that Samba can help me accomplish? Is so, are there any
books or websites that can help walk me thru the setup? Or provide detailed
information??

Jayson