[Samba] Printing problem with Samba, XP, and Xerox Printer

linux power linuxpower2002 at yahoo.no
Tue Sep 24 17:00:02 GMT 2002

Hi again.
One question: Can the other machines print to that
printer?
Which machine is the Xerox connected to?
I think this is a strange problem if other PC's can
print to the printer. Can the XP print to the others
printers?
As a first aid trying to work around the problem, you
could create a share in smb.conf only for the Xerox
printer and use the same settings as for the printers
share, except for the print command line.
Which I would use this:
print command = lpr LPx:| \\clent Pc with the
printer\sharename(IE Xerox) -o raw %s;rm %s -r

LPx is the port on the win PC locally connected to the
xerox printer.You must replace x with the portnumber
used. Look at the printer properties.
It might well be a fault in your princap file, but if
so, none of the clients could print to the Xerox.

--- Kevin Bramblett <kbramblett at dssresearch.com>
skrev: > I'm sorry, I do not understand how to set the