[Samba] Users (machines) cant login

Johan Salomons j.salomons at prv.gelderland.nl
Tue Sep 24 14:27:19 GMT 2002

Hi,

Sorry to bug you with this question, but i've searched knowledgebases, books, faq's etc., but i cant find any answers unfortunatly.
The problem is this:

At home ive got a network, 2 windows computers (XP en ME) and a Linux fileserver ;-). The network is at this moment peer to peer, but i want Linux to become the domaincontroller and master.
The samba services are running well, i can see the domain (workgroup) from the networkneighborhood from ME, but when i try to logon from windows ME, i get this message:"De domaincontroller didnt recognize your password, check if your password is wrong or your username"
When i try to acces a sambashare from Windows XP, the same message occurs: "Cant login from this account"

I checked to following: hosts.* the computers are authorized for sure. I made a samba password file with the command: cat  /etc/passwd.......

Can you help me please??

Best regards,

Johan Salomons