[Samba] smbmount?

John Anderson janderson at ceeva.net
Wed Sep 18 14:31:00 GMT 2002

Thanks, that made it work.

Quick question, I am mounting a remote NT folder.   I tried passing username
and password in the smbmount command line, but it still asked fore a
password.

I have 1 user on the remote end and about 12 users locally (logging into an
NT domain).  How do I setup the users so they can map the drive on the
Windows side.

For example, when I tried to map the drive, using my standard username /
pass windows came back and said "The network folder specified is currently
mapped using a different username and password.  The mapped network drive
could not be created because the following error has occurred:  The
credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials".  I tried
the user/pass for the remote nt system (the same I used to authenticate
with) and I got the same error.

Do I need to create a user (foo) on my server that matches the username /
password of the NT server on the remote side, and then map the usernames
everyone will sign in (locally) as to the remote user (foo) in the smbusers
file?

Thanks.

--John

--