[Samba] Help me

Elliot elliot.williams at mutualinterest.com.sg
Mon Sep 16 07:32:00 GMT 2002

Hi guys.. I need your help.

I have managed to setup samba as a pdc for my  windows clients to
connect to it.. They are all using w2k proffesional.

it seems that i cannot change my password from my w2k professional
client when using samba as a pdc

.... can anyone pls help me??????????

it keeps saying that old password is wrong .. when if fact it is not. i
have added lines like

My smb.conf file

smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpassword
passwd chat = "*new password*" %n\r "*new password again*" %n\r
"*Password change*" passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u unix password
sync = yes encrypt passwords = yes security = yes ...

How does the password chat work for window clients?
How do they get to see their password being changed?
Why cant I change my password from windows 2000 proffessional

I looked everywhere on the net and there does not seem to be any fixed
for this .. Pls help

cheers`