[Samba] Browse Master Election

Kristyan Osborne kris at longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk
Thu Sep 12 07:26:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

A weird problem ... My PDC is running samba 3.0 cvs from a couple of weeks ago. the os level is set to 65 and that machine has been the master for my domain for ages, until last night. A win2k client machine stoll the domain and made itself the master for the domain, hence a few problems. I have cranked the os level to 80, however I'm pretty sure that is not supported/a bad idea/not to be done sort of thing.

Can anyone suggest any ideas

Cheers

Kristyan Osborne IT Technician
Longhill High School
01273 391672

------
Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working properly if you open windows.
Win95:       A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an
             8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a
             2-bit company who cannot stand 1 bit of competition.

---