[Samba] Samba PDC XP client "My Computer" missing

Charles Harvey soops at ucla.edu
Wed Sep 11 21:35:01 GMT 2002

I'm using samba 2.2.5 with the ldap backend, and am able to log in w2k
clients no problem.  I applied the signorseal reghack and can log into XP
clients.  I have samba set up to create local profiles upon login instead of
roaming.  However, the My Computer and Network Places desktop objects are
not created, leaving only a trash can icon on the desktop.  I am using the
windows standard theme (make it look like w2k) so the objects are missing
rather than hidden.  I've googled and searched the lists, and haven't found
the answer.  Does anyone here know why this is happening?

Thanks!
--
Charles Harvey
Manager, Help Desk