[Samba] XP client policy with samba

Epco Dijk dijk at meteocon.nl
Thu Sep 5 09:40:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have several XP Pro clients connecting to a Samba server. Thanks works
fine, however I can't get policies working under XP.

I don't want the luna style as default when a new user logs in on a
workstation. With the profile editor from XP i've set that setting to
Windows-classic style, but it only works for users that login locally.
How do I set that policy for the domain users in Samba.

I've made a ntconfig.pol already, and put it in the netlogon folder, and
the setting like a logonmessage is working, but with the default .ADM
files for poledit I can't set the desktoppolicy.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Epco Dijk