[Samba] Lost connection to network drive

Dominic Deferia ddeferia at nyc.rr.com
Thu Sep 5 02:39:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am using samba 2.2.5. My problem is with windows 2000, the mapped network
drive share losses connection after a period of time, e.g. 30 minutes. You
will see an "X" marked red  in the mapped drive letters. I looked up
microsoft's website for persistent connections problems but the suggestion
is already set in my register keys.

HKEY_USERS\SOFTWARE\Microsoft|WindowsNt|CurrentVersion|Persistent
Connections value is yes.

Can someone please point me to the correct direction. Any help is
appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dominic Y. Deferia