[Samba] Troubleshoot printing to NT Server

Wed Sep 4 11:48:59 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to print to a printer that is connected to an NT 4 Server.
The problem is, that nothing comes out of the printer, and I get no
error messages, neither on the Linux nor the NT box. The printer queue
on NT is empty.

Where can I look in order to find out what the problem is?

Here is a session with smbclient:

dsadmin at linux:~ > smbclient //pc02/hp5pnt
added interface ip=10.1.1.250 bcast=10.1.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Password:
Domain=[DSS] OS=[Windows NT 4.0] Server=[NT LAN Manager 4.0]
smb: \> print printtest.txt
putting file printtest.txt as printtest.txt (0.3 kb/s) (average 0.3 kb/s)
smb: \>

The NT box can ping the linux machine both under its hostname and IP
address.
The file printtest.txt simply contains one line "This is a test".

I also tried to set up the printer using SuSE's YAST and YAST2. The
printer is added, but I can't get anything from Linux to the printer,
without any error message.

Dietrich