[Samba] Misterious problem after upgrading from 2.2.4 to 2.2.6 (possible bug?)

Jo Bob jobob at Nadia.globaldelsys.com
Tue Oct 29 21:10:01 GMT 2002

Hi all,

    I upgraded a Samba file server which had been running version 2.2.4 to
2.2.6 a week ago.  Since then I have had reports of a weird problem of files
mysteriously becoming read only.  I just looked into one of the users having
this problem and it looked like all the write permissions had been taken off
of her file.  After consulting with my coworkers I learned that they fixed
the permission problem several times but by the next day it would come back.
Is there any known bug in 2.2.6 that could cause this behavior?

    Also I read in the mailing list archives that 2.2.6 had a session and
file handle leakage problem?  Are there any patches for this or is a 2.2.6a
being released soon?  Could either of these bugs have caused the weird
behavior that I described above?

    Please also reply to me off the list as I am not subscribed to this
mailing list.  Thank you.