[Samba] Windows 2000 server and Samba PDC

drgn65 at ufl.edu drgn65 at ufl.edu
Mon Oct 28 17:43:25 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have a network that runs samba 2.2.5 on a Linux box that acts as the
primary server on the network.  It is the PDC, WINS, etc.. The Windows
2000 server is nothing more then a box that runs Terminal Services for
Remote Access.  Anyway, I know that in Samba any member of the "domain
admin group" is an admin on a windows 2000 box, or at least thats how it
appears to me when I access the Windows 2000 server box.  My question is
this, is there any comparable (group/feature) like this for "Power users,
standard users, etc?"  I can't seem to figure out for the life of me how
to add a Network user, a member in my LDAP tree and in my samba domain
as a power user to a windows 2000 server.  The only thing I can seem to do
is to add a user as a power user on the LOCAL machine only. In windows
2000 Pro this is really easy to do but I can't figure out if it is a
windows issue or a samba one.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Peter Shull