[Samba] AD Question

Jay Ts jay at jayts.cx
Sun Oct 27 15:38:00 GMT 2002

Harald Kümmerle wrote:

> With that, is it possible to create e.g. 3 domains, each with a Samba PDC (or
> emulated)? The most important thing is that still more than 5 clients can log
> on to the domains.

I suppose you could just set up 3 servers (computers), each running
Samba as a PDC.  Samba has no limitation (AFAIK) to the number of
clients.  There are no licensing fees - this isn't Microsoft, you know? ;)

You might have some trouble with multiple domains, though, since
Samba doesn't support Windows NT trust relationships. There may
be some workarounds to that, and maybe someone else can comment on it.

Jay Ts