[Samba] AD Question

Harald Kümmerle hoerner96 at gmx.de
Sun Oct 27 09:54:01 GMT 2002

On Sunday 27 October 2002 01:06, you wrote:
> However, you can join Samba servers as domain member servers in an
> Active Directory domain, even with Windows 2000 running in Native Mode.
> In this case, Samba makes use of Windows 2000's PDC emulation mode.

With that, is it possible to create e.g. 3 domains, each with a Samba PDC (or
emulated)? The most important thing is that still more than 5 clients can log
on to the domains.
In my scenario, is there any benefit of the AD left?

I'm kind of experienced with the old Samba 2.2, but a complete newbie to Samba
3.0.