[Samba] Linux Compression

Adam Lang aalang at rutgersinsurance.com
Fri Oct 25 14:39:01 GMT 2002

I think he is referring to a compressed filesystem and not jsut using tar to compress a directory.

AKA, every time a file is read from that directory, it is uncompressed and handed out.  If it is saved tot he directory, it is compressed and asaved, btu the end user doesn't know it.  He sees the normal file.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com